When your adventures involve paddling longer distances or carrying additional gear, the Expedition 85 is an ultralight touring workhorse.
At 8’-6” long and weighing only 12-pounds, this boat tracks straight, and it has the capacity and features to organize and carry gear efficiently.
If you’re looking for an ultralight, expedition-ready solo touring kayak, look no further than the Expedition 85.
- Best For: 1-person ultralight touring, angling, or expeditions.
- Capacity: 1-person | 300 lb. (136 kg) max weight
- Warranty: 1-year limited against any manufacturing defects.
- Dimensions: 8’-4” (254 cm) L x 35.5” (90.2 cm) W x 13.0” (33 cm) H.
- Weight: 12 lb. (5.4 kg).
- Includes: kayak, seat, foot pump, storage bag, and repair kit.
- Heavy-duty TPU Cover and Floor – uses nylon reinforced PVC double-sided TPU specifically engineered to take a beating
- MOLLE Plates – with included mesh bags provide a customizable gear carrying system
- Ultralight Design – weighs only 12 lb. for effortless transportation and storage
- Inflatable Seat – with comfy cushioned seat area and backrest
- Velcro Adjustment Strips – allow for personalized custom seat positions
- Paddle Keepers – located on both sides of the deck, offer hands-free access when not paddling
- Webbing Carry Handles – on front and sides for comfortable carrying or lifting
- Ultralight Quick Release Fin – for improved tracking
- Deck Cargo Bungee – on bow offers secure storage of extra gear
- Boston Valve – for quick inflation and deflation
- Ultralight 2-Stage Foot Pump – for quick and easy inflation
- Storage/Inflation Bag – doubles as primary inflation tool