Werner brings confidence to the canoe paddler with the Algonquin.
No longer let concerns of the reliability of light weight carbon keep you from the feel and performance you love in a paddle.
Decades of working with carbon has given Werner the expertise to be able to go light, under 17 ounces including the Leverlock system, and still be strong.
Beyond the physical light weight, the Algonquin will paddle light with the buoyancy of Werner's Ultimate designed blades.
Each stroke pops from the water at the exit, quietly and effortlessly.
No detail in workmanship is missed when this work of art is handcrafted in Werner's facility in Monroe, WA USA.
- longer, rectangular, slender design is easier on the body with a more gentle catch. Moving a loaded boat has never felt so good. This allows the paddler to maintain a higher cadence.
- The volume of a buoyant deigned carbon blade creates an exceedingly light feel. This POPS the blade from the water for effortless forward strokes and confident bracing. A smooth back face is quiet and helps to make linking turning strokes easy.
- Dihedral, the ridge down the middle of the power face, allows for smooth and stable forward paddling. A core philosophy for Werner.
- 10 degree shaft to blade offset. Designed to keep the blade more vertical through the power phase, it benefits your forward paddling, but still allows for smooth turning and control strokes. .
- With decades of experience in blade lamination, the edge guard of our Ultimate performance canoe blades is designed to be super thin, creating a knife like feel in and out of the water. Impact and abrasion resistant for canoe touring.
- Werner's palm grip is comfortable and allows the fingers to be relaxed as opposed to splayed. Made from carbon it will help keep the overall weight of this paddle down.
- LeverLock 8" adjustable. 50 - 58".
- Designed with an ABS palm grip for maximum control and greater durability.