G/flex Epoxy Adhesive belongs in every boater's repair kit. Get a waterproof, flexible bond on plastic, fiberglass, aluminum, wood and more.
- The 650-8 kit contains 4 oz. each of viscous liquid G/flex 650 resin and hardener. Mixing ratio is 1:1.
Mixed G/flex 650 is of a heavy "syrup" consistency. It will run off a vertical surface. 650 can be thickened with inert filling materials.
- G/flex is a product of West System, a division of Gougeon Brother's, Inc. The Gougeon brothers have been using epoxy resins in boat building and repair for some 50 years.
- It makes structural bonds that can absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration.
- In addition to its superior bonding to many different materials and its ability to bond dissimilar materials, G/flex is much more flexible than other epoxies. This is an excellent property for boat building and repair.
- Polyethylene (HDPE) is a common kayak and canoe material. Its molecular structure resists gluing by most adhesives. G/flex solves the problem; it bonds well to polyethylene and ABS plastics.
After mixing, at 72 degrees F, you have about 45 minutes to apply the mixture before it begins to gel.
- You have up to 75 minutes to assemble and clamp parts after the adhesive is applied. It cures to a solid in 3-4 hours, to a workable cure in 7-10 hours, and cures to its full strength in one to two days. It cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in colder ones.
- Clean up is simple. Wipe up spills with absorbent materials. Clean residue before it cures, with alcohol or acetone.
- G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult-to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties.
- It has the ability to glue damp woods. It can be used on wet surfaces, even underwater when applied with specific techniques.
- G/flex does indeed belong in every boater's repair kit. The more you use it, the more uses you'll find for it - with your boating gear and other sporting and household items. It's easy to mix and use. The instructions that come with the kit are top notch.
- Complete handling and repair instructions
- 4 ounces each of thickened G/flex® 650 resin and hardener
- Mixing ratio of 1:1
- Pot life: 45 minutes at 72 degrees F
- Working time: 75 minutes at 72 degrees F
- Cures to a solid at 72 degrees F
- Reaches full strength in 1-2 days